Wednesday 13 July 2011

James Harrison Updates





James Harrison Updates

There is not a fan base in the world that I hate more than that of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I could tell you why, but instead I will just link you to the Clay Travis article that says it far better than I ever could. I really didn't care about them one way or another until the hissy fit that they threw when some Titans players stomped on the dish rag a couple of years ago.

You always hear about the Rooney family and how they are the class of the NFL. I don't know them personally, but I have trouble buying into their classiness when they continue to pay guys like Ben Roethlisberger and James Harrison- which brings us to the point of this post.

Harrison gave an interview in the August edition of Men's Journal. Here are some of the things it includes:

"If that man (Roger Goodell) was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn’t do it," Harrison told the magazine. "I hate him and will never respect him."

His other descriptions of the commissioner include an anti-gay slur, "stupid," ‘’puppet" and "dictator."

I can't wait for Roger's reaction to that.

As if that wasn't enough, he also takes aim at other people, even his own teammates:

Harrison also criticizes other NFL execs, Patriots-turned-commentators Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi ("clowns"), Houston’s Brian Cushing ("juiced out of his mind") — and even teammates Rashard Mendenhall and Ben Roethlisberger for their performances in the Super Bowl loss.

The guys on the Wake-Up Zone here in Nashville do a semi-weekly segment called Defend Your Boy (DYB) where they make each other defend someone that they are a fan of when they do something crazy. Well DReese has made us well aware here that Harrison is his boy.




No comments:

Post a Comment